Looking to take the greatest vacation on earth? Thailand is the place to go! Anyone planning a trip to Thailand nowadays has without a doubt heard or read something about the incredible attractions that the kingdom of Thailand has to offer. In fact, such a huge variety of things to see and to do are waiting in the Land of Smiles, as the country is known, that it is quite a sure bet that every person you speak to has in mind something he or she likes and would like to do in Thailand.
Some want to hit the shopping and nightlife of Bangkok. Others are into the mountain views of Chiangmai. Some crave an island paradise, while still others consider places to go in Hua Hin.
The only difficult part about the whole concept of a holiday trip to Thailand is trying to decide which one of these amazing things to do and where to stay during the time that you have in the kingdom. You may wish to consult some online resources and look for a guide to various cities, such as a Hua Hin travel guide, one for Chiangmai, and so forth.
Before we get into a mountain hike or a Hua Hin tour to the beach, along with everything else you will find in a Hua Hin travel guide, let’s start our overview with the capital city, where you will most likely land when coming from another country. Believe it or not, with all of the tourist arrivals coming through the city’s main international airport, Suvarnabhumi International Airport, or the older one which also takes in certain international arrivals, Don Muang International Airport, Bangkok has for the past couple of years become the most visited city on the planet. The arrivals have gone up to the 20 million point and certainly show no signs of slowing down.
Asking travelers why Bangkok is so popular will bring you almost the same multitude of answers. It is a vast and bustling metropolis with an estimated population of well over 10 million, counting tourists and those who come into the city for work, and a wealth of things to do.
The absolute must-sees in the city include the magnificent temples such as Wat Pho (the Temple of the Sleeping Buddha), Wat Arun (the Temple of Dawn) and, perhaps most importantly, the glittering Wat Phra Kaew (the Temple of the Emerald Buddha), which is situated in the Grand Palace.
Other cultural destinations in Bangkok are also of great interest to travelers, such as the National Museum or the Jim Thompson House or the Bangkok Arts and Culture Centre.
However, you won’t get far in Bangkok without running in to one of the massive and gleaming shopping malls. Shopping in Bangkok puts most other cities in the world to shame with its fabulous mega malls that include every kind of shop along with restaurants and cinemas and bowling alleys and other entertainment. Try the famed Paragon or Central Embassy for your high-end products and browse around MBK Center for your everyday bargains.
Nightlife in Bangkok is a world of its own and to put it concisely, it never stops. There are more pubs, bars, nightclubs and rooftop wining and dining venues than can reasonably be counted. Lastly, it should be mentioned here that an article could go on and on about the mouthwatering delights of authentic Thai street food. You are sure to find plenty of it in the capital.
But cuisine is also one of the great experiences among the things to taste and the things to see in Hua Hin.
Because let’s face it — No matter how thrilling the city and its nightlife might be or its shopping and everything else, what really makes a holiday in tropical Thailand is a stay at the beach. This is why people love Hua Hin sightseeing and all the places to go in Hua Hin.
The special thing about Hua Hin is that it has a little bit of everything that the capital has, but so much more. A Hua Hin tour is the way to discover it all! V Villas Hua Hin is the best base to do it from.
And beyond all that, besides the many things to see in Hua Hin, there are a great number of out-of-the-ordinary places to go in Hua Hin. A Hua Hin sightseeing trip around these fascinating spots will round out your Hua Hin tour like nowhere else!
Let us at V Villas Hua Hin be your Hua Hin travel guide and have a look at our list of 15 of these extraordinary places to go in Hua Hin.
1. Seenspace Hua Hin – The hippest seaside hangout in Hua Hin is also a trendy shopping spot and great for cool drinks and a tasty meal.
2. Khao Sam Roi Yot National Park – Hua Hin sightseeing in the fabulous “Mountain of Three Hundred Peaks”! Keep your finger on the shutter button of your camera for some beautiful photos here.
3. Pala-U Waterfall – One of the largest waterfalls in the country and definitely one of the most refreshing things to see in Hua Hin.
4. Bang Tabun River Floating Fisherman’s Village – The ultimate seaside Hua Hin tour where you can discover fishing for cockles and sight the beautiful Bryde’s Whales.
5. Vana Nava Hua Hin Water Jungle – Experience the thrills of over 20 rides and slides, one of the most exciting places to go in Hua Hin!
6. Plearnwan – Retro village Plearnwan is another gem in our out-of-the ordinary Hua Hin travel guide. Enjoy the happiness of the good old days as you browse around the vintage-looking shops and restaurants. (**Permanently Closed)
7. Phra Nakhon Khiri Historical Park – Stunning views abound in the real Hua Hin sightseeing around the area. These three peaks are covered in beautiful palaces and are lit with golden light in the evening.
8. Hua Hin Hills Vineyard – Get off the beaten track a bit and check out the things to see in Hua Hin from the back of an elephant rambling through the hilly vineyards around Hua Hin, and perhaps even taste some of the vintage!
9. Hua Hin Railway Station – A touch of history is important in any Hua Hin travel guide. The original station was built in the 1920s and its charming appearance and architecture is worth seeing and grabbing a selfie with.
10. La Vie – Coffee & Tea Lounge – Located on the property of intriguingly designed V Villas Hua Hin, this is the perfect spot to take a break and enjoy a gourmet coffee or tea and a scrumptious snack.
11. Cicada Night Market – Hunt for bargains along with some Hua Hin sightseeing in the town’s most arty market. Find paintings, sculptures and all sorts of interesting creations.
12. Sam Phan Nam Floating Market – Wander the little boardwalk or pedal your way around the water trying scrumptious new tastes. Now that’s Hua Hin sightseeing in style!
13. Black Mountain Wake Park – Safe and loads of fun, wake boarding at Black Mountain will be an experience to remember. And it’s not that far from V Villas Hua Hin!
14. Tham Khao Luang Cave – A favorite among the places to go in Hua Hin, this gorgeous and complex cave shrine is worth investigating. The beautiful heart-shaped opening creates an extraordinary vision as the sunlight comes through as is wonderful among the things to see in Hua Hin.
15. Pranburi Forest Park – The country’s largest mangrove park. A beautiful sight, one of the most tranquil things to do in Hua Hin is walking along the elevated path which offers spectacular views of the forest.